Thursday, October 21, 2010

Crockpots are Good

Last night I watched the second episode of The World God Only Knows and have landed on it being a keeper. It had some staple fanservice, but as long as that is not an ongoing thing I see this being a very refreshing laugh. It is definitely not something for everyone, and will probably offend a large group. But there is always something oh so enjoyable about watching the "I reject reality" geek group placed into scenarios caused by his own pride, no? Maybe it comes down to the whole the funniest things being true saying. But no matter whether I should feel insulted or not, this gives me something to look forward to on my Wednesdays. :) Especially if I don't have a bad headache--such was the case last night.

In other words! My hulu queue has dwindled down to the latest episode of Bones and episode 2 of the current season of Castle. Of course, I have dropped No Ordinary Family and the Stargate documentaries (Stargate documentaries! How funny is that?). However my queue being in single digits is either a sign of my purging or of my lack of life to be able to KEEP it in single digits. But oh well, to each their own, right? right?! Hehe.

However, I have continued to go on Day 3 of actually cooking things! Today I got up late...as usual...and was in a foul mood. But after deciding to suck it up, I have decided that cooking is therapeutic if not only in that it is a service, and serving is very therapeutic. One could say that, in itself, is a proof of the Bible's truths and of Christ's love. We are called to serve, to love, to share His Gospel. But I haven't been feeling anywhere near at peace except these last few days as I hang out in the kitchen, blast my music from Silvereagle and throw food together. I haven't even had my instinctual "get out and leave me alone!" defensiveness that I have had for...years. God is good. :)

I used a recipe from Mangy.




I pretty much followed Mangy's recipe, except for replacing tomatoes and mushrooms with broccoli and green beans. (We didn't have tomatoes and mushrooms are disgusting.) I also added cheese. Because cheese makes everything better. :D

It turned out not bad! I was not very hungry for dinner, but--as was ground into my head by my cooking instructor--did eat a little of it. This was also my first foray into the usage of a crockpot. My decisions? Crockpots are good. Very good. Hopefully I will be trying it out many more times, especially with NaNoWriMo coming around! If anyone knows of NaNoWriMo recipes? Please let me know. Yep. B)

NaNoWriMo Countdown: 10 Days Til Caffeine Overdose

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

"...I have decided that cooking is therapeutic if not only in that it is a service, and serving is very therapeutic. One could say that, in itself, is a proof of the Bible's truths and of Christ's love. We are called to serve, to love, to share His Gospel. But I haven't been feeling anywhere near at peace except these last few days as I hang out in the kitchen..."

Wow. That doesn't even like the Nikki I knew. How happy it was to read those words coming from you! God is good indeed! And that smile meant so much! I'm so happy with this step in your progressive sanctification that I want to send you all my quick-and-dirty crockpot recipes to encourage you to never stop! BECOME A COOK IF THAT'S WHAT HELPS YOU BETTER GLORIFY GOD! =D Yeyness.

I'm a pretty scary cook myself, but recently have been trying to do more in the kitchen. It is kind of fun. But I still like the eating part far better than the deciding what to make part....

Cooking instructor?? So you've enrolled yourself in some sort of culinary course, is that what's behind this? Tell me about it. Or I'll probably find it if I keep reading further back in time.

~your Julia