I got my current laptop in Spring of 2009. Since then, I have had my motherboard replaced once or twice, my casing replaced, a new Disc drive...port..thing...my keyboard replaced twice, the cover on the back of the screen (top of lappy) replaced twice, LCD bezel once and the touchpad replaced twice.
The only thing that just ceased working was the disc drive bit, which refused to read any of the CDs, DVDs, CD-Roms I placed in there.
The motherboard and first touchpad replacements were to fix a problem with a jolty mouse--along with this, they also replaced my keyboard which was awesome since I had worn away through the paint on the spacebar.
For the casing, I was missing one of the rubber feet on the bottom of my laptop resulting in it to wobble, so they replaced the entire casing.
A large, deep scratch straight through my decal was the reasoning behind the replacement of the cover for the first time.
Most recently I had a crack in the LCD Bezel (the framing around the screen) and asked Dell to replace it. The support guy asked me if everything looked good and new, so I nitpicked on some things that were just worn, not unfunctional. He then offered to replace the cover (again), the keyboard (again) and the touchpad/left speaker grill (again).
The tech arrived yesterday to fix it, and I asked if I could take some pictures while he was taking my lappy apart and replacing the plastics. We have had the same tech guy each time (but once) my lappy was to have parts replaced, he is quite nice, and let me bug him and take pictures:
(I didn't notice this precarious coffee cup the entire time he was here...)


Friday, March 11, 2011
Laptop Repairs Saga
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







0 comments:
Post a Comment