Tuesday, January 18, 2011

As of tonight, I am planning to be an assistant leader at Awana. We'll see what happens. Two weeks ago was my first time back to Awana since 6th grade. It was very weird, and even more scary. Dealing with younger kids has been something I want to be good at, but never felt particularly confident in. So here is the plunge into the only opportunity to do something that I am seeing.

My grandparents from Tahoe arrived yesterday. =) Yesterday was my Grandma's birthday, and tomorrow is my Mom's. Hopefully it will be a fun week, which, of course, it will be because my Grandparents are made of fun.


My parents and I started The Cape last week, which was very fun and did not disappoint. I found it just serious enough to get emotionally involved and light enough to not mind it being Batman with Summer Glau.

A lot has happened, but I have not taken any pictures to catalogue the events. However, Emerwen visited in December which was very nice. We didn't do a ton, but she said she had fun and I'll....I'll...let go of my perfectionism to believe her.

So far this year is looking like it will be another crazy one, but hopefully a happier year. Many of our friends passed away or were hospitalized last year. Of course, we also got to see an even larger number of our friends, and my Grammy is doing much better. :) Thank God.

That's all for now, I guess. Hope to update again soon. Though don't expect pictures, because that's the biggest reason why I procrastinate.

2 comments:

MangyCat said...

How are things going at AWANA?

Miruial said...

YAY! AN UPDATED! =D