Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Massive Update: Narnia Party, NaNoWriMo, Snow, Etc.

I have been putting off updating for a bit, but now I shall. So, it may be a bit massive.



I made Potato Soup with much difficulty and also with a cementing of if I need to spend over 30-45 minutes making something, it is more than likely not worth it. But hey. Live and learn I guess. :)



My sister threw her first movie night where people came with Narnia: LWW. She made Turkish Delight among a couple other oddities, and I proceeded to bawl my eyes out anytime anything remotely interesting happened. This may or may not be why I was not too fond of the movie (except for the phoenix, which is worth the entire thing). However, I still like it. :)



Food that Joelle prepared and others brought.



People!



This is our home theater. In SV, the entire living room was pretty much designed to accomadate this system. However, here at our new house the basement was most definitely not designed for a theater. My Dad did an amazing job setting it up all the same (though he's been cringing over the wires showing). My picture is crooked, but the screen is straighter than it looks. :)



The following Friday, we had a Prince Caspian movie night (to which, yes the typical jabs at Ben Barnes' accent were made). Now that we've had our build-up, we're just waiting for when VotDT tickets will finally go on sale at Regal. (Due to adventures in the snow and ice and "what's that?" responses to a request for buying a midnight showing ticket. Whole 'nother world here.)

---

We had a fun Thanksgiving with my cousin and her family. She had prepared the most delicious turkey ever (this coming from someone who is not a fan of turkey), and overall the meal and company were absolutely delightful. =) Jaiden, Khristian and I played monopoly in the basement for an hour or so, upholding tradition. B) And yes, I believe I was creamed. Again. But hey, old habits die hard.



Also on Thanksgiving, I completed NaNoWriMo. The earliest I have ever finished and after having never gotten behind once this November! I am quite proud of myself. However, although I managed to maintain a. er. semi-flowing story, the story itself is not finished. But it will probably be left forgotten for a while anyways due to the apathy I feel toward it.

My final word count: 50,935--however some of this was written after my word count was verified.

My official final word count: 50,022.

---

As for other misc. odds and ends, it is currently snowing so much we can barely see the road from our house. While this is awesome if we don't have to go anywhere, I sincerely hope we...don't have...to...go anywhere...






Otherwise, today's agenda includes potentially throwing the cat in the snow at some point (that's always fun), plotting/writing (*egasp!*) my story I give a hoot about, and vegging. A lot. And justifying my vegging with tv shows by knitting a Christmas present (a phrase I can honestly say I never thought would come from my mouth). Though it might be an "oops I forgot about Christmas and I'm broke, have a scarf" type of thing but who knows. :)

Parting Pic:



Trouble outside while it's snowing for possibly the first time. He can hold on really tight when he wants to.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Darling!! I didn't realize you had began blogging again (until Facebook kindly pointed out the manifold increase in stalker opportunities; good ol' Facebook, doing it's thing.)But now I feel thoroughly caught-up, ish.

Who is Trouble? It looks like Julian (known to some as Jpeg) so it probably is. Cute nickname.

Okay, now for a couple comments. Background is very neat. I like the opaque/transparency ratio of the actual text box; nice job setting the place up, in short. (can you tell I've been very lately inspired by Alcott's use of semicolons?)The whole colour scheme is cozy.

And that first photo on the latest post? :O It's a veritable winter wonderland! The snowflakes in the air look so shiny, sparkly, flecks-of-faerie-dust like I thought they were photoshopped at first! Just like star to the right in your background--

....oh my gosh.

haha! I take it back about the ratio of opaque-ness in the text box...I'm mistaking those truly photoshopped "stars" as being a part of the photos. I realize now, all your pictures have those little irridecent flecks.

How funny.

Anyways, does the Burger know about this? And oh! What were the names I gave you both back in the day of my blogger blog?! We must look those up and put them to good use once more.

Well, lovely to get a glimpse of you again through your unique writing. (the adventures of a new found interest in cooking particularly remind me of my friend.)

I'll stop by now and then. Poke me in anyway you can if it's been to long and I'll scurry by in a jiffy!

Much love, m'dear. And I often remember your kindly offer to fly down and be an IRL chum when Papa died.

~your Julia

p.s. GLAD YOU FOUND SOME FRIENDS IN SPUDTOWN! Anyone I should be jealous of yet?